Friday, October 19, 2012

Pissed Opportunity

So I've been trying to find a job.

I have no grand career plans.  Those days are far behind.  I just want to work somewhere with benefits.

When you are self-employed (or self-unemployed), insurance is ridiculously expensive.  Like as much as a small new sedan per year. Seriously.

This may ease a bit in 2014, or it may not - depending on the election.

I applied last week for a job at an employer with whom I have a long and positive history as a donor (in better days) and as a part-time employee (with great reviews).  The base salary is in the low 30s and coverage for my family would be about $500 a month out-of-pocket. True, I am over-qualified, but I would work so hard.  And I would be better than someone who is 25 and will leave in a couple of years.  I'm here to stay.  Not going anywhere. Want to work.

Guess what?

I didn't even get a phone interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment